Next Meeting: Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Andrews University, Biology Amphitheater, Price Hall, Berrien Springs, MI
Meetings start @ 7:30 p.m.
(Every 3rd Tuesday of every month except December)
Welcome visitors, present club information & general dive related news, identify upcoming dive
related events, present any Show & Tell, discuss current diving experiences & lessons learned if
any, then Open Session.
Last Meeting (JUNE) Highlights:
17 members were in attendance and 1 visitor (Robert Annetta).
The following items were discussed:
- Confirmed that the MUD club picnic is scheduled for Saturday, August 24, in Niles Michigan at River Side Park. Diving will be contingent on river conditions.
- Confirmed that the Cheboygan Trash, Treasure & Wreck Diving Weekend is set for September 6-8. Attendees anticipate staying at the Birch Haus Motel. 1-888-543-3099
- SASS Wednesday dives listed on the MUD Club Web site “Events” schedule.
- Discussed recent dives made since the last meeting by MUD members. These included Gull Lake, Paw Paw Lake, Lake 16, Lake Michigan Wreck dives (Havana & Rockway) and several days searching (mowing the lawn) for the Neptune Bomber.
- Discussed plans to get the Havana, Ann Arbor #5, and Crane & Barge buoyed
- Sir Larry still has some miscellaneous scuba gear for sale – call Sir Larry
- Great presentation by Bob S on Immersion Pulmonary Edema (IPE) http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/articles/Immersion_Pulmonary_Edema.
- After the meeting most went for pizza at Roma’s in Berrien Springs.
Warm water is now in plentiful supply so if You are NOT diving, what’s Your excuse?
O – Southwest Michigan Underwater Preserve (SWMUP) http://www.diveswmup.com/index.html
O – Dive July 17: Wednesday evening dive Gull Lake – U/W Poker http://www.diveswmup.com/index.html
O – Wolf Marine & Scuba http://www.wolfsmarine.com/