Next Meeting: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Andrews University, Biology Amphitheater, Price Hall, Berrien Springs, MI
Meetings start @ 7:30 p.m.
(Every 3rd Tuesday of every month except December)
Welcome visitors, present club information & general dive related news, identify upcoming dive related events, present any Show & Tell, discuss current diving experiences & lessons learned if any, then Open Session.
Last Meeting Highlights:
11 members were in attendance and no visitors. The following items were discussed:
- August 24 is the date for the MUD club picnic. It will be held in Niles at River Side Park with river diving optional.
- Cheboygan Trash, Treasure & Wreck Diving Weekend set for September 9 -11. Attendees anticipate staying at the Birch Haus Motel. 1-888-543-3099
- SASS Wednesday dives are on the schedule.
- Michigan Salvage Committee – three current members terms are up in 2013, consider applying. http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,1607,7-277-57738_57679_57726-250279–,00.html
- Richard Meister is obtaining his technical rating and Jim Scholz is completing Deco & Tri Mix/ tech diving certifications with SASS.
- Recent Lake Michigan dives discussed included the Havana, and the Ann Arbor 5.
- Recent inland lake dives included the wreck of the South Bend in Diamond Lake and search for recovery efforts in Magician lake.
- Sir Larry still has some miscellaneous scuba gear for sale – call Sir Larry.
- This was a short meeting that was started on time & was completed early so most went for pizza at Roma’s in Berrien Springs.
Soft water is now in plentiful supply so get your dive gear out of the closet and start diving. It’s that time of year folks!
Southwest Michigan Underwater Preserve (SWMUP) http://www.diveswmup.com/index.html
SASS dive June 19: Wednesday evening dive is at Lake 16 http://www.sassdive.com/
Wolf Marine & Scuba http://www.wolfsmarine.com/